I’ll be brief…
1) The oceans are being razed. 7/10ths of the planet. The seafood section is filled with endangered species. Modern technology makes it possible to decimate the commercial species with ease. The basic nature of the Corporation makes this not only possible but unavoidable. The goal is to maximize shareholder value, and your children’s future is utterly irrelevant.
2) Aquaculture holds great promise if done properly. Nearly infinitely scalable, three dimensional protein production. Using tilapia and other species capable of thriving on sustainable feed, it can feed the planet without razing the oceans (or the land).
3) All animals poop. Usually this is a problem to be dealt with. In aquaponics, far from being a cost center, “waste” is a resource that is easily pumped to hydroponic growing areas.
4) Plants love fish poop. Actually bacteria love it, and they feed the plants which also feed them (a symbiotic relationship that predates the ancient fish).
5) Knowledge. Communication. Synergy.
We have the tools, and maybe enough time.